Episode 4: What is Relational Safety?
Welcome to Hope for Wives.
With your co-hostesses:
- Pam Blizzard from recoveredpeace.com
- Lyschel Burket from hoperedefined.org
- Bonny Burns from strongwives.com
In Today’s episode, we are going to discuss emotional or relational safety. What it is. How to navigate it. How to rebuild.
- What is relational or emotional safety to you?
- How is emotional or relational safety ruptured when one spouse has a sex addiction?
- How does a betrayed partner start to rebuild emotional safety?
- How can we offer hope to our listeners when it comes to emotional or relational safety?
Nuggets of Wisdom:
“…not to feel better, but to get better at feeling,” Pam Blizzard.
“Both of you are responsible for rebuilding this emotional safety with each other,” Lyschel Burket.
VOWS – acronym of thoughts to help build new emotional and relational safety.
- V – Vulnerability
- O – Ownership
- W – do your Work
- S – create Safety for yourself and your spouse
Emotional Safety definition found in wikipedia
Transcript: Episode 4 Emotional_Relational_Safety
King & Country – God Only Knows
Thank you for sitting in with us today. Our deepest desire is that you will find encouragement, insight, and maybe even a laugh or two in the many episodes to come. We will talk with you again in two weeks.
Wow I am the hair on fire lady also and SAME thought my H was my safe spot!!! Thankyou for clarifying this is how I feel
Not only am I glad that my wife found this podcast, but I’m glad she told me about it. I just listened to episode 4, for the second time, thank you ladies for taking the time to do this, God bless!