Episode 2: D-Day (I just discovered my husband has a pornography addiction, now what?)
Welcome to Hope for Wives.
With your co-hostesses:
- Pam Blizzard from recoveredpeace.com
- Lyschel Burket from hoperedefined.org
- Bonny Burns from strongwives.com
Today, we are going to discuss Discovery Day, one of the most painful days in the life of a wife who discovers her husband has been viewing pornography or is compulsively acting out sexually. The day of discovery is typically called D-Day, because just like the Normandy Beach invasion during WWII, this day is full of death, wounding, and trauma.
D-Day is not the end of the story, though! We will leave you with hope.
We will be discussing:
- What comes to mind for each of us personally as we think of Discovery Day?
- What patterns do we see in partners immediately after discovery?
- What is the best thing a wife can do for herself immediately after discovering her husband’s problematic sexual behavior?
- What hope can we leave our listeners with?
- APSATS.org – The Association of Partners of Sex Addicts Trauma Specialists Find a specially trained therapist or coach who understands betrayal, trauma and recovery.
- Moving Beyond Betrayal: The 5-Step Boundary Solution for Partners of Sex Addicts
- Boundaries Updated and Expanded Edition: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life
- A Door of Hope A Door of Hope Peer Facilitator Training Community
- Samson Society for Men who struggle
- Sarah Society for Betrayed Women
- Pure Desire – trauma informed groups for men and women who struggle, and betrayed spouses
- Ephesians 3:20
Thank you for sitting in with us today. Our deepest desire is that you will find encouragement, insight, and maybe even a laugh or two in the many episodes to come. We will talk with you again in two weeks.
Thank you for the podcast. I needed to hear a lot of those things.
Yall are amazing! Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement,
I can’t believe I found you three. This is exactly what I needed to hear. I’m not sure which one was talking about rage and how it took about 4 minutes to set in, but I am experiencing the same thing. Thank you all for this podcast.
I am so thankful that my wife found this podcast!